The history of the JEEP CJ7
The Jeep CJ models are both a series and a range of small, open-bodied off-road vehicles and compact pickup trucks, built and sold by several successive incarnations of the Jeep automobile marque from 1945 to 1986. The 1945 Willys Jeep was the world’s first mass-produced civilian four-wheel drive car.
In 1944, Willys-Overland, one of the two main manufacturers of the World War II military Jeep, built the first prototypes for a commercial version – the CJ, short for “civilian Jeep”. From then on, all CJ Jeeps consistently had a separate body and frame, rigid live axles with leaf springs both front and rear, a tapering nose design with flared fenders, and a fold-flat windshield, and could be driven without doors. Also, with few exceptions, they had part-time four-wheel drive systems, with the choice of high and low gearing, and open bodies with removable hard or soft tops.
The Universal CJ7
Our CJ7 was developed to fit any 4×2 or 4×4 bakkie. The TUB is manufactured from GMP resin and has a steel mounting frame in order for it to be easily adapted to fit a wide range of donor vehicles. We currently do not manufacture complete vehicles due to the wide range of donor vehicles the body can attach to.
|Chassis||4×2 of 4×4 Pickup Donar (Bakkie)|
|Bodywork||ISO Fibreglass Panels|
|Suspension Front||As per Donar|
|Suspension Rear||As per Donar|
|Brakes||As per Donar|
|Dampers||As per Donar|
|Engine||As per Donar|
|Engine Location||As per Donar|
|Aspiration||As per Donar Cooling|
|Gearbox||As per Donar|
|Drive||Rear Wheel Drive or All Wheel Drive|